- Follow measuring instructions prior to picking a model.
- Cover the entire window opening. There shouldn’t be any open spaces exceeding 4 inches when the window is completely open.
- In a single- or double-hung window, the guard is usually installed so the sliding bars are horizontal and cover the entire width of the window.
- In a sliding or casement window, the guard is usually installed so the sliding bars are vertical and cover the entire height of the window.
- If the window opening exceeds the specified "maximum opening" size, more than one guard will be required to cover the window.
- If window width falls exactly on the edge of a width range, order the model within the larger range.