Window guards are designed to be a deterrent to accidental window falls. This product is not intended as a substitute for proper adult supervision.
Failure to follow all of the manufacturer’s installation and safety instructions may reduce the effectiveness of the guard and increase the risk of accidental window falls.
This window guard is intended to protect against potential falls by children age 5 and under.
Guardian Angel Window Guards are not meant to protect children from intruders.
Before installation, consult building and fire codes. Contact local building code department or fire department for specific codes that may apply in your area.
- Screws must be anchored firmly into a solid stud or frame material for proper operation of guard.
- There should be no open spaces in the guarded area or window opening exceeding 4 inches.
- This window guard is intended to protect against potential window falls by children age 5 & under.
- Parents, caregivers, and older children must understand the operation of this window guard in case of an emergency.
- Guardian Angel Window Guard is not intended for installation outside the home where it will be exposed to inclement weather. Rusting will occur and may inhibit proper opertation.
Never install sliding bars horizontally in a sliding or casement window!
Sliding bars can only be installed horizontally in double-hung windows. When installed horizontally in sliding and casement windows, the window guard can act as a ladder and greatly increate the risk of accidental window falls.
Install sliding bars vertically on casement and sliding windows. The entire height of these windows must be covered completely. In installed incorrectly, child could climb the guard and fall through unguarded area at top of window if left uncovered.
Window Safety Tips
- Window falls can happen in the blink of an eye. Always supervise children near open windows.
- Install window guards that can easily be removed by adults and older children in the event of an emergency.
- There should be no openings in the window exceeding four inches.
- Don’t place furniture near windows that children may climb.
- Window screens are not strong enough to prevent falls.
- Teach children not to play with, climb, or open windows.